Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Real-world Docker Series: Intro

If you found your way to my little blog, then you have probably already heard of Docker, the container engine.  I've been doing a great deal of work surrounding Docker in my profession, and this is all so new, it's hard to get your finger on the pulse of where to get started, and where to go next.  This is an attempt to take you from start to finish on setting up a real-world Docker environment.

With this series of posts, I plan to focus on the administration side of things, mainly focusing on configuration and best-practices surrounding Docker.  We'll cover more than the basics found at the Docker Getting Started Page, and provide real-world examples of using containers.  For now we're focusing on just Docker, and as time passes I'll put together some posts on using Kubernetes to control and scale clustered container environments.

Next: Installing Docker

No comments:

Post a Comment